You are here:Home/Fitness/#FitTipFriday: Seven Ways To Survive Flu Season
#FitTipFriday: Seven Ways To Survive Flu Season
By: Holly Fosnot, CPT
Welcome to cold and flu season: the time of the year where, not only do you have to drag yourself out of bed while it’s cold and dark outside, but you also have to sit in the office listening to a course of coughing and sneezing all day long.
Germs spread like wild fire; especially in an office or other common space. When people sneeze, cough, or even talk, they are spreading little droplets that can contain influenza and other viruses. Instead of accepting that getting sick this season is inevitable, here are some things you can do to avoid getting sick when you know its going around.
1. Wash your hands… Repeat. Repeat. Repeat!
2. Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes or nose.
3. Constantly wipe down your work surface.
4. Get vaccinated.
5. Make sure you get enough sleep! Try to get at least 7 to 8 hours a night.
6. Try to use your sleeve instead of your hand when touching door handles.
7. Healthy habits lead to a healthy life…. so eating healthy and exercising regularly can also have a positive impact on your immune system. Keep up with your fitness routine, and if your body is not feeling it, don’t overdo it. Don’t push yourself too hard or you will run yourself down even more